9.1 - Purposes of data processing
The personal data you provide will only be processed for the purpose of implementing this Photo Campaign and publishing the submitted photos. Your personal data as a participant will be processed within the framework of the rights granted to the participant under paragraph 5 of the Conditions of Participation. Your image, which allows a connection to be made with your person and others, will only be published for marketing as part of the #setratruelove campaign. (See paragraph 3).
9.2 - Legal basis
The processing of personal data is based on art. 6 para. 1 (b) GDPR.
9.3 - Data controller
9.4 - Contact Data, Group Data
Protection Officer at Daimler AG
9.5 - Data categories
We process the following categories of personal data: Name, first name, email address, country, captured image and image description. Insofar as the image recording provides indication of the ethnic origin, religion or health of persons depicted (e.g. skin colour, head coverings, glasses) the processing also covers this data.
9.6 - Deletion
All personal data collected will be deleted by 31.12.2024.
9.7 - Transfer to third parties
Your data will not be transferred to third parties. This does not apply to the image material itself, which may be handed on to affiliated companies as described in paragraph 3. Images may hereby also be sent outside the EEA. This transferral is justified by appropriate data protection guarantees, specifically the Daimler Data Protection Policy: https://www.daimler.com/datenschutz/. The participant is advised that information on the Internet is accessible worldwide, meaning the possibility of further use of these photos by third parties cannot be excluded by the Organiser. Pictures can be found with search engines and linked to other information. They can be copied and further disseminated. This may result in information published on the Internet continuing to be found elsewhere even after it has been deleted from the original site.
9.8 - Rights of the data subject
You have the following rights in connection with the processing of your personal data:
- In accordance with art. 15 GDPR, you have the right to request information about the data stored by us.
- In accordance with art. 16 GDPR, you have the right to rectification of incorrect data.
- In accordance with art. 17 GDPR, you have the right to erasure of your data if no legal reason remains for their continued storage.
- In accordance with art. 18 GDPR, you have the right to demand the restriction of the processing of your data. This means that your data will still be stored but may only be processed under limited conditions (e.g. with your consent or for the exercise of legal claims).
- In accordance with art. 20 GDPR, you have the right to data portability with regard to all data which you have provided to us. This means that we can provide you with this data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- If you have consented to the processing of your personal data by us, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time in accordance with art. 7 (3) GDPR. The lawfulness of the processing of your personal data up to the point of withdrawal of consent is not affected by such revocation. The potential for further processing of these data on another legal basis, such as for the fulfilment of legal obligations (see section "legal basis"), also remains unaffected.
9.9 - Right of appeal to the supervisory authority
You have the option to contact the above-mentioned data protection officer or a supervisory authority responsible for data protection if you are of the opinion that the processing of your personal data violates the General Data Protection Regulation.
To exercise these rights, please send an email with the subject line "#setratruelove" to email@example.com. If a request for deletion is made before the end of the Photo Campaign, this will entail the termination of participation in the Photo Campaign if the request prevents further participation. In this case, participation will no longer be possible.
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data at any time for reasons relating to your particular situation or if the data are used for direct marketing; in such case we may be obliged not to continue processing your personal data. In addition, where personal data are processed for the purposes of direct marketing, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for such purposes. This also applies to profiling, insofar as it is connected with such direct advertising. In this case, the personal data will no longer be processed by us for these purposes.
To exercise these rights, please send an email with the subject line "#setratruelove" to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9.10 - The Organiser bears no responsibility for any data processing carried out by Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn beyond that accepted in accordance with the rights granted under paragraph 5 of the Conditions of Participation. Information on the data processing carried out by Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn can be found in the data protection policies of Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn.